Friday, February 6, 2009

Updates from School..

So as many of you know I absolutely am loving my school.. It is the best experience ever and I love it so much, especially this quarter now that I am into the baking and pastry part of it. Not that I didn't love skills, I really enjoyed learning how to cook but I don't know baking is just more my thing and I really love it. I have a really amazing teacher too.. His name is Andreas Fleckenstein.. Now doesn't his name just make him sound cool.. He is a really good teacher.. I love Chef Crockett that I had for skills but Chef Fleck he just has a better way of teaching he actually takes the time to show us all everything and he expects us to have questions and he is just very understanding when you completely screw something up because turns out this is school and we're just learning so its nice to be able to screw up and not get yelled at. One of my favorite things about Chef Fleck is that when he comes over to demonstrate something he makes it look so dang easy because well he's been doing it for a long time and he tells you now I know you're thinking wow that looks easy well it's not I just make it look that way and 90% of the time he is right and sometimes I royally screw things up but they are usually fixable..

This past week we made lots and lots of fun stuff.. We made chocolate covered eclairs and flan..


We made Creme Brulee.. Which was easier than I thought it was going to be I mean it took some time to get used to the blowtorch as you can tell my coloring is a little funky but I don't think its to bad with it being my first try. That's one of those things Chef makes look so simple..







Last night we made a cherry pie and a blueberry pie.. I think they both turned out very pretty. The blueberry pie got forgotten for a little bit in the oven and it bubbled a little more than I would prefer but it still was lovely and yummy..


2 comments:

Rachel said...

Talk about mouth watering. I so want to try out some of your beautiful baked goods! The eclairs look the yummiest to me because they are covered in chocolate--of course.

Jason and Abby said...

Oh my gosh, those look amazing! Look at how talented you are!