Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Poor Feet!!


Last Saturday we were doing hay and I must say that is always my least favorite day of the year because I am extremely allergic and we always end up doing it on the hottest day of the year, but this year we waited and did it in September and it was actually a beautiful day to do hay if ever there is one. So early in the morning Cameron, Kenny and I headed out and we loaded up the truck and trailer and then came back to unload it. We usually do this twice and sometimes three times. Well we got back and we had stacked it to high for it to fit under the barn doors so I got up on top and threw it up through the outside door to the hay loft until the truck could get into the barn. Well I then had no way of getting down so I laid on the hay and made myself skinny so we could pull into the barn but still I was 15 feet up and had no way of getting down so Kenny threw me a rope and I was going to I don't know swing down or climb down on the rope but then I got ahead of myself and just ended up jumping which proved to be an awful idea. At first I got that tingling feeling you get when you jump from to high up but I figured it would go away so I conitnued to unload the hay and my feet just got worse and worse and after the first load we came up for lunch and after eating I couldn't even stand up. So off Stacie and I went to the emergency room and turns out I sprained both of my feet. The doctor brought me in crutches and my first thought was "um both feet don't work so what am I suppose to do with those." I got a wheelchair to the car and luckily my right foot isn't nearly as bad as the left so I can manage to get around on the crutches. Stairs pose a challenge so I usually end up just crawling a lot but ya that was the excitement of our weekend. It is pretty sweet though because Stacie's parents just happen to be here so they are a big help plus her dad is handicap so he is letting me use his handicap sticker for when I go to school so I can always find a spot.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

oh no, how horrible! You poor thing...hopefully they heal fast.

Tyson and Shelise said...

Oh my gosh, how sad. That is pretty funny though...both feet! Hopefully they get better fast, at least you get good parking?

Michael & Nikki said...

Oh my gosh Twin!!! You poor thing.. I can see 1 foot.. but BOTH.. Oh my heck, what a pain!! Hang in there! and get better soon! I Love that you park in the Handi spot.. lol

Lora said...

Julie!! Ouch, I am sorry that they are both sprained. I hope they heal fast for you, so you can endure that long drive home ;)