Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Cakes and Tortes..




Ok so really there are no tortes to be shown and I mean the eclair swans don't qualify but that's the section we were working on this past week.. We also made a spongecake which I think is kind of gross I just don't really like spongecake plus it didn't turn out very pretty and I only like taking pictures of things I think turn out pretty.. We also made something called a genoise which is very similar to a spongecake and a chocolate angel food cake which turned out nicely I just didn't take a picture of it..
This isn't the exact cheesecake we made in class.. I made this one at home but it's prettier because I made it colorful..
These are our Eclair Swans.. how cute huh.. I thought it was a creative idea..

This is my favorite thing we have made so far.. It is an Orange Chiffon Cake with an orange glaze.. it is so good and I don't normally even like cake.. It is basically and angel food cake but it also has the egg yolks and a little bit of oil in it. It is so amazing I love it..

1 comments:

Judy said...

All of the baking sounds wonderful. I'm glad you are having fun. I heard you saw kasey while he was back there. I bet you both had a lot to talk about what with his love of cooking. He is probably jealous that you are living his dream? I'm glad you are loving it. Love you.