Tuesday, October 14, 2008

THE ART INSTITUTE OF WASHINGTON!!


This past week I started Culinary school at the Art Institute of Washington and I absolutely love it so much. I am going to this school to get my degree in Baking and Pastry so I can eventually open up my own bakery. I never realized school could be so great. I have only gone for three days so far but it has been the greatest experience yet.. My classes are so much fun and my teachers are great. I am currently taking concepts and theories, which is a basic cookin class, it will teach me all the basic, well concepts and theories of cooking. So far we have learned different knife cuts. Ya there are quite a few different ones.. Small, Medium and Large dice, Julienne, Brunoise, and Tourne is what we have been working on so far. My teacher is a trip and there is this woman in my class that just cracks us all up everyday. I am also taking Marketing this semester as well as Management. My cooking classes, however, will more than likely outshine those classes because they are hands on and so much fun.. We have uniforms we have to wear to class and they are your average chef outfit and they are so much fun. So I should be done with school in about a year and then well we'll have to see where I go from there but for now I am enjoying my life. Because I have been thinking about it a lot lately.. Life that is and well President Monson pretty much reassured my thoughts I've been having. We need to enjoy our lives. I have been thinking a lot about yesterday and making sure that I did everything I could to enjoy yesterday cause I will never be able to get it back. I spend a lot of time with the Warner's and if you don't know who they are, that would be weird cause I talk about them a lot but they are a couple in my ward and they have basically adopted me but they have a wall hanging in their house that says Happiness is a way of travel, not a destination! That has stuck with me ever since I first saw it. Life only happens once and we should utilize our time and enjoy every minute of it. So I hope that for all of you that are reading this, that you are doing everything you want in your life. Never let anything or anyone hold you back from your dreams.. Culinary is one of my dreams and I'm finally doing it and I couldn't be happier. Live your dreams, open your eyes and enjoy yourself while you live. Because there is no point to living if you go through it with your eyes closed, so open your eyes and REALLY experience it.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

How exciting! You should definitely open your shop wherever I live, 'cause I'll be your biggest buyer. :)

young family said...

I love that you are doing all these fun things. I look forward to eating some of your yummy food!!