Monday, September 22, 2008

Kami and Hank's Wedding

So my friend Kami got married last weekend well I guess maybe it's been two weekends ago now. And let's just say it was an interesting experience to be a part of it. I planned her bridal shower and had it at my house on our front patio and it was a really nice time. The weather was beautiful and I think it turned out nice.


Now here's the thing about these dresses.. We went and got fitted twice and we got our finished products and well they were huge it was basically like I was wearinga tent so thursday morning the day before her wedding we all went back and got fitted again and well still they didn't all fit quite right. I just pinned mine in the back cuz it was rather large.. They got married in the Washington DC temple and it was beautiful. We even got all of our pictures taken before it started pouring so it was nice.





Then Saturday we have to be to their house at 1 to get ready so we do and well really we didn't get ready then instead I made boutineers ya that's right. We started getting ready at about 2:30. Kami married Hank who is from Cambodia so her reception was Cambodian therefore we had to wear these Cambodian outfits that this lady had to dress us in and she did our hair which turned out like I don't know horrible prom hair with it slicked back and ringlets hanging down the back it was awful but oh well..






Then we get to the reception and it was all just very let's say interesting. The reception started at 6:30 so everyone showed up around then but turns out we had to stand by the door for an hour and a half greeting people while everyone who showed up on time sat at their tables starving. Then at 8:15 they started the dinner which was a 10 course meal and well the food was again lets go with interesting.. Nothing that was enjoyable or well even edible it all was pretty bad. We had things like jellyfish and fish stomach and many other weird things that well I didn't even try.
They had a Cambodian band playing and it was nice for them I guess but it was really loud and we were not in a very large area so it just started to get really annoying when you are sitting next to someone and you can't even hear what they are saying. Needless to say I will never be having a Cambodian reception nor do I really want to be a part of one ever again. I feel that it was Kami's day and she was overshowed the entire time.

3 comments:

Michael & Nikki said...

You look gorgeous! As always!!! LOVE YOU!

Rachel said...

So how many times have you been a bridesmaid this year? And I'm only remembering pink outfits--hope you like pink. But I'm thinking you may never wear either of these outfits again. Of course, you look beautiful as always. Lance sends kisses & Luke can't wait to meet you!

happy mom said...

hmmmmm very INTERESTING!