Monday, May 12, 2008

Dangers of my Job.. ha ha ha

So we're in baby season with the llamas and the other day I went to check to see if there were any babies and there weren't, but one mom seemed to be in labor so I went back about a half hour later and she had, had her baby, but it was dead.. now I've never lost a baby but I reckon it would make anyone very upset and the same goes for llamas.. she was mad and I was on the phone with Stacie telling her what happened and she told me to touch the eye to see how long it was dead, because if it is squishy then it has been dead in the womb for some time. Well remember the mom is already mad, but I just figured she'd spit on me and whatever that's fine I can shower so I bend down to touch it and she is spitting like a mad woman then all the sudden she raises her leg and whack right in the face.. Yep she kicked me and well this is my lovely bruise.. it is so crazy for the first few days it was just really red and then Friday I woke up and it was a little purple and now it has just gotten progressively worse and is now black.. but what a great story huh.. Like who gets kicked in the face by a llama..


2 comments:

young family said...

Ouch!!!! I know I don't like to mess with Momma's, they don't like anyone around their babies!!

You are right what a story to tell, it looks very sore. Is it all better now? Good thing she didn't go for your nose :)

happy mom said...

I am so sorry, and so had the baby been dead long, you know I need to know the whole story. very sad, and owwww.

I am so glad that you didn't get kicked in the nose.